IR Modernisation and Reform
INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS MODERNISATION AND REFORM
The LGAQ seeks:
A modern and relevant industrial relations system.
A system that contributes to the economic sustainability of a council.
A system that provides fair and equitable conditions of employment for local government staff.
A system that is simpler and easier to understand and administer.
LGAQ operates under the principle that 'a good employer will be a good employer regardless of the overarching regulatory regimen for industrial relations'.
Local government, as the employer of a local workforce has always been and will continue to be a good employer regardless of any changes.
In all of it submissions on IR reform, LGAQ is guided by the following principles when it comes to a council workforce:
- Any reforms must promote the sustained employment of a local workforce
- Employees of a local government must enjoy fair, reasonable and equitable conditions of employment.
No existing employee should be overall worse-off as a result of reform.
...to the LGAQ's Industrial Relations Modernisation and Reform information page, where you will find all you need to track progress on the reform of industrial relations for local government.
We urge interested parties to visit this site regularly, as it is designed to provide a single source of access to the most up-to-date information on what is happening in this rapidly evolving area of change.
Qld Local Government Industry Award - State 2015
- coming soon
- coming soon
- A review of the industrial relations framework in Queensland (3605K PDF): this report of the Industrial Relations Legislative Reform Reference Group was released 4 March 2016 by the Minister Employment and Industrial Relations, Grace Grace
Industrial Relations Reform - Industrial Relations (Fair Work Act Harmonisation) and Other Legislation Amendment Bill 2012
- LGAQ submission to Finance and Administration Committee Report
- Finance and Administration Parlimentary Hearing - 30 May 2012 or read Hearing Transcript
- Finance and Adminstration Commitee Report
- Industrial Relations (Fair Work Act Harmonisation) and Other Legislation Amendment Act 2012 - now operative
- Queensland Local Government Industry Award 2016 - V22.214.171.124.16
- Determination Queensland local Government Industry Award - Matter Number MA/2016/19 (Annexure A)
- Supreme Court Submission for 19 August hearing
- Queensland Local Government Industry Award - State 2015
- QIRC Decision 31 October 2015 - Queensland Local Government Industry Award - State 2015
- Exposure Draft - Local Government Industry Award (Version 2.0 - 9 September 2015)
- Queensland Government Industry Award - State 2014
- QIRC Decision Queensland Local Government Industry Award - State 2014
- Exposure Draft (No.2) - Local Government Industry Award - State 2014 (v6.8 27 August 2014
- Exposure Draft (No.1) - Local Government Industry Award - State 2014 (v6.4 15 August 2014
- Preliminary Exposure Draft - Local Government Industry Award v 6.2 24 July 2014
- Explanatory Note re Local Government Industry Award 9.05.14
- Local Government Industry v5.3(A)
- PART 5 - Hours of Work v5.3
- PART 8 - Local Government Industry Award - State 2014 v5.3(8) - 9 May
- QIRC State Directions Order - QIEU - 19 March 2014
- Directions Order from full bench - 25 March 2014
- Letter of referral to full bench
- QIRC letter to Parties of the Local Government Award Modernisation Project - 11 March 2014
- Transcript of Proceedings QIRC Conference - 7 March 2014
- Vice President QIRC Statement - 4 February 2014
- Ministerial Request - 24 January 2014
QIRC Conference Transcripts
- LGAQ Submission to the QIRC - Response to Union Objections to Queensland Local Government Industry Award – 2015 Exposure Draft - September 2015
- Annexure A - Supplementary submission in response to further amended application
- Annexure A - Submission Locality Allowance
- Affidavits - Tony Goode
- LGAQ Submission to the QIRC - support for retention of the single Queensland Local Government Industry Award 2014 - July 2015
- Annexure A (Affidavits) - July 2015
- LGAQ Objection to the proposed Local Government Industry Award (LGIA) - September 2014
- LGAQ Reply Submission to Other Parties' LGIA Objections - September 2014
- LGAQ support of Single LG Modern Award - 28 March 2014
- Annexure A
- Annexure B
- Annexure 1 to Annexure B
- Annexure 2(a) to Annexure B
- Annexure 2(b) to Annexure B
- Annexure 2(c) to Annexure B
- Ministerial request to the QIRC - Variation Notice June 2016
- Ministerial request to the QIRC - Consolidated Request July 2015
- Ministerial request to the QIRC - Variation Notice July 2015
- Services Union Submission - wage rates and 38 hour week
- Consolidated Submission QSU and ORS
- Submission in response to number of awards in Local Government
- Association of Professional Engineers, Scientists and Managers Austrial, Queensland Branch Union of Employees (APESMA) Submission
- Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Industrial Union of Employees Queensland (CFMEUQ) Submission
- Supplementary Submission of Queensland Independent Education Union of Employees (QIEU)
Federal Modern Award 2010
High Income Positions 2 July 2014
IR REFORM UPDATES
IR Reform Updates - Subscribe