LGAQ Healthy Workers initiative
The LGAQ Healthy Workers initiative was funded under the ‘Healthier. Happier. Workplaces initiative which ran from July 2011 until July 2015. The LGAQ Healthy Workers initiative aimed to build the capacity of Queensland local governments to implement sustainable workplace wellness initiatives that supported employee health and wellbeing. This has been achieved by targeting:
- Healthy people: implementing strategies and initiatives to support and promote healthy workers
- Healthy places: implementing healthy policies and infrastructure to support and promote a healthy workplace
- Communication and promotion: keeping everyone informed and motivated through targeted communication.
Follow the story of Terry, who embarks on a lifestyle change as a result of his employer's workplace wellbeing program. The films focus on the risk factors for chronic disease and are best utilised as toolbox talks/educational sessions for your workers.
Breaking bad...Habits resources
- Video 1: Breaking bad... Habits: Physical Activity & Sedentary Behaviour
- Video 2: Breaking bad... Habits: Healthy Eating
- Video 3: Breaking bad... Habits: Smoking, Alcohol & Drugs
Download the follow checklists when discussing worker and workplace wellbeing options for your organisation.
Further resources for members
VISIT Healthy Workers and Workplaces in LG Online. There are over 50 more resources available online for council staff and elected members!